Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I Do Know Now

I Do Know Now
by Kim Morrell,
President, MFH2

I knew when I was carrying you that you were special.
I knew when you were born that you would have afflictions.
I knew when everyone made a fuss over you, they'd see
your differences.
I knew when I got condolences from strangers that it was
the beginning.
I knew when you went to school, you would have to learn
differently.
I knew when you were invited to parties and events that I
would have to go with you.
I knew that I had to raise you on my own to do the best job
possible.
I knew I would get flack about being a single mother by
choice.
I knew what I was doing.
I knew our family was different
I knew that I was the only person that could raise you.
I did not know that you would be my life's greatest
teacher.
I did not know that our ordinary would be everyone else's
extraordinay.
I did not know how much fun I would have raising you.
I do know now.

No comments: